Umbrella Liability policies provide higher limits of liability over Automobile, General Liability, and Employers Liability exposures. In addition, the policy will provide broader coverage than the underlying General Liability.
Lapointe will tailor an umbrella policy to fit the needs of your business, including the following additional coverage features:
1. Broadened Insured: Anyone who is an insured in any underlying insurance as agreed to on a written contract executed prior to loss.
2. Any watercraft under 50 feet, any watercraft chartered with crew regardless of length, watercraft liability assumed under contract and watercraft while ashore on remises of insured regardless of length.
3. Bodily injury expanded to include shock, fright, mental injury, disability, mental anguish and humiliation.
4. Territory is anywhere in the world subject to limitations for Known Injury.
5. Professional Liability coverage for employees—Who Is An Insured (no medical professional exclusion as there is in the CGL).
6. No limiting definitions of “mobile equipment” or “loading and unloading”.
7. Automatic coverage for newly acquired or formed organizations with no 90-day reporting limitation.
8. Advertising and personal injury contractual coverage—Contractual coverage is provided on a “following form” basis.
9. First dollar defense—For suits not covered by underlying insurance which are subject to the “retained limit.”
10. Liquor Legal Liability is provided on a “following form” basis
Limits are available to fit the requirements of any size firm, with up to $25 million readily available.