Summer 2017 has finally arrived! Now that the warmer weather is here we are all anxious to cool off in a pool if you are lucky enough to have one. With a pool comes responsibility to ensure the safety of your family and your guests. Over 200 young children drown in backyard pools each year. Please take a look at these Safety Tips.
Be Sure to enter our June Facebook Live Giveaway!
Pool Safety Tips:
- Make sure no one swims alone and NEVER leave a child UNATTENDED in the water or the pool area. Even just a few seconds could be too long. Be sure that less experienced swimmers are accompanied by swimmers with life saving skills.
- Maintain secure fencing and a locked entrance around the pool and make sure there is adequate life saving equipment in the pool area such as life preservers and reaching pole or rescue hook.
- Diving should be prohibited and water depth should be clearly marked.
Pool Maintenance Tips:
- Keep chemicals safely stored away from the pool area. Follow storage and usage instructions recommended by the pool chemical Manufacturer.
- Be sure electrical devices, including outdoor entertainment systems are away from the pool and wet surfaces. Be sure all electrical devices are plugged into a GFCI (ground-fault circuit interrupter).
- Keep the pool area free of glass bottles and toys or other tripping hazards.
Our pool season is short. Keep it safe!
At Lapointe Insurance, we have a long history of providing professional advice to local families. That history gives us the unique experience and expertise to keep your loved ones safe. Through a plan that includes loss control, safety planning, and insurance contracts, you can rest assured knowing that we’ve got you covered.
If you would like to speak with our MA or RI home and auto insurance specialists, please call us at (508) 678-8341 or click here to begin the process by email.
Colette McKeon, CIC
Chief Operating Officer